DR ALI AHMED
MBBS , Dip card , MSc Diabetes and Endocrinology
General Physician and Diabetologist
This department provides medical care to patients who have problems with their heart or circulation. It treats people on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
- Outpatient: short visit to hospital that lasts no more than a day.
- Inpatient: hospital visit that requires at least one night’s stay on a ward.
Typical procedures performed in the cardiology department include the following:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)and exercise tests to measure heart function.
- Echo-cardiograms (ultrasound scan of the heart).
- Scans of the carotid artery in your neck to determine stroke risk.
- 24-hour blood pressure tests.
- Blood sugar monitoring and treatment by specialist